Whilst we understand everyone may be hyped up to try to get the winning shots, as you may see from the rules, there is a strong emphasis on SAFETY.
The organisers will also do their part. The following are a few measures:
- Drinking water will be available on site at all times
- Risk Assessments done for each site
- Weather will be the factor deciding choice of site
- Participants to provide Diving Certification (2*CMAS, Advanced Open Water, Sport diver and equivalent & a medical specifying participant is fit for diving
- Detailed Dive briefings before competition dives
- Checkin-Checkout procedure for each participant
- On shore assistance for carrying kits/cameras.
- First Aiders on Shore with Ambulance on standby
- Fast Response Rescue Team on the water at dive sites
- A fully equipped & staffed Hyperbaric Chamber is located within a few kilometres from dive site, this is available 24x7x365